Progress continues to be made to right a troubled project I recently took over. A project schedule has been established and the team is better organized as a result. In addition we restructured our project management approach by:
- Establishing daily “War Rooms”.
- These are extended daily meetings for our technical teams to troubleshoot stubborn issues/defects. The project team assist with prioritizing the issues list for these War Room sessions. This approach is very effective.
- Starting the week by reminding the team of the tasks due by week’s end.
- Escalating critical issues to key stakeholders and the project sponsor.
- Ensuring the appropriate project resource allocation.
- Establishing a communication plan to avoid “noise” and confusion.
- Reviewing issues and risks three times a week.
The plan will soon be complete and team has been able to prioritize their work and sharpen their focus.
We are now on the right track….